Saturday, July 13, 2013

I'll Try Anything Once, (or maybe twice)

Day 5

A day for trying new stuff I suppose.  I am not one of those people who will say, "I don't like that!" when actually I have never tried it.  So, when we were at Whole Foods and I saw the soy free/dairy free/vegan cheddar "teese" I thought, "what the heck!" I managed to incorporate it into my lunch today and I must say, it tastes like crap cold but heated it is edible.  I just melted it on a rice tortilla and topped it with sundried tomatoes, lettuce and a little vinaigrette.  If I stretched mind and my taste buds, I could almost see how it resembled pizza.

After lunch I played with the new toy I found at Whole Foods.



I was so excited when I saw this.  I could just imagine having all the sweet potato, zucchini, squash, and carrot chips my heart desired.  They would be so healthy and it would be an effortless way for me to get more veggies into my diet.  Humph!  I made numerous batches of sweet potato chips and they either burned or were still mushy.  I kept adjusting the microwave time but no luck!  Now, I am either stuck with a $20 chip maker that doesn't work or I can wash it really, really, really good and return it to Whole Foods.  I won't say which choice I end up making, that way you can't be called to testify.  You're welcome!

No comments: