Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Driving Force

I'm sure you are probably thinking this "diet" is too strict.  Or maybe you think there isn't enough variety.  Well, if so, you aren't thinking anything I didn't think myself.  I guess, if I was just looking at this as a plan for losing weight, I would still have those thoughts in my head or would have quit by now.  But I am not looking at it as a "diet".  It is an eating plan for life.  Now, I know I will treat myself and splurge every now and then.  I am human and I am not perfect.  However, I can't allow the splurges to become an everyday or every meal thing.

I wanted to share with you some of the symptoms that accompany an intolerance to certain types of foods.

Gluten - joint pain, brain fog, gastro distress, headaches, infertility, osteoporosis, anxiety or depression (well, let's see, I had 5/7 symptoms)

Soy - disrupts hormones, bad for thyroid, poor memory and dementia, blocks vitamin absorption, bad for bone health, causes pancreatic disorder.  Not to mention it is genetically modified and overly processed - ICK! (I have Can'tRememberStuff so I think I should watch out for this one  O.o )

Dairy - Acne and skin conditions, gas/bloating, causes fat (think of what mammals feed their babies to make them grow), auto-immune disease, inflammation, runny nose/watery eyes, mucus problems, sinusitis/wheezing/congestion, cramps/diarrhea  (I'm 8/9 on this one)

Eggs - inflammation, gas, bloating, heartburn, eczema, psoriasis (My score 4/6)

Corn - rash, hives, migraines, joint pain, inflammation, moodiness, depression, insomnia, eczema, fatigue, night sweats, dark circles under eyes, UTIs, sinus problems.  Oh and dare I mention corn is genetically modified and carries numerous types of fungus - DOUBLE ICK!  (9/14 on this one)

Peanuts - gut problems (BINGO!  I'm at 100% on this one).  Seriously though, if I can eat tree nuts which are healthier and don't cause me to have stomach issues, then why wouldn't I? 

Sweeteners - mood swings, food cravings, blood sugar crash, sugar addiction (Heck, I win the jackpot on this one, too!  I scored another 100%)

Wow, that just sickens me when I read over it.  So, now you see why I not only want to do this, I need to do this!

Now, go enjoy your dinner!  :)

No comments: