Monday, September 2, 2013

The Incredible Edible Egg - My Re-Reintroduction

You might recall when I posted about my reintroduction of eggs, things did not go like I had hoped.  I couldn't locally find eggs from chickens that were fed a soy-free and corn-free diet. Here is a link to the post.

Thank goodness I found GrassFed Traditions



Their eggs have returned the egg sandwich, egg salad, deviled eggs, and mayonnaise to my life (and these things are staples in a Southern girl's diet)!  Now, I won't lie; I was nervous about ordering eggs over the internet.  I was afraid they would arrive broken and spoiled but I was wrong.  Of the four dozen eggs, not a single shell was cracked.  Then, of course, I had to give them the taste test.  Would they make me sick?  Were they spoiled?  Nope and Nope!  The eggs are better than any I have ever had.  They scrambled up so much fluffier than regular eggs.  One morning I was making an egg sandwich for myself and Kaylea asked if I could make one for her, as well.  Being the good Mom that I am, I obliged.  Since we still had eighteen store bought eggs, I decided to use those for her sandwich (hey, I said I was a good Mom, not a great Mom).  I scrambled two store bought eggs for her and then I scrambled two GrassFed Traditions eggs for myself.  The difference was unbelievable.  My eggs were fluffier and looked double the size of Kaylea's. 

I don't have a scientific explanation for the difference in the eggs but I kind of drew my own comical conclusion which is...  the store bought eggs were all depressed and deflated because they came from unhappy chickens that were kept in unlit chicken houses being fed a bunch of GMOs.  The GrassFed Traditions eggs were happy and full of life because they came from happy chickens that were allowed to roam around in the sun, live a happy chicken life, and eat a nutritious diet.  My conclusion might be a bunch of nonsense, but think about humans and how the health and well being of the mom impacts the unborn child.  Just saying....

Once Barry and Kaylea eat the last of the store bought eggs, not another will come into the Smith house again.  I have been converted!

No comments: